Festival de la Familia corporate sponsorships cover only about 30% of the costs associated with producing this outstanding family event. In order to deliver a full day of entertainment, we rely heavily on ticket sales to cover the other 70% of the expenses. These expenses include everything from the venue, entertainment, tents, tables and chairs to police and clean-up services. We are launching Friends of Festival to become a year-round giving campaign for Festival de la Familia to help off-set the cost of producing this annual signature event.
Donate Now Online Using The Button On The Right!
FESTIVAL DE LA FAMILIA WAS ESTABLISHED IN 1992 TO ENHANCE THE SACRAMENTO COMMUNITY’S AWARENESS, UNDERSTANDING, AND APPRECIATION OF LATINO CULTURES, CUSTOMS, AND TRADITIONS.
In 1997, the Festival de la Familia, Inc. was established as a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization. This action was taken to sustain the Festival de la Familia Event and to promote other events in the community.
Festival de la Familia, Inc. is a volunteer organization. The Board of Directors are responsible for all policy, fiduciary, and legal decisions of any event organized, operated, or sponsored under the aegis of Festival de la Familia, and the Steering Committee develops and implements the event itself.
The mission of the Festival de la Familia Event is to enhance the Sacramento community’s awareness, understanding, and appreciation of Latino cultures, customs, and traditions.
The goal of the Festival de la Familia is to plan and execute a family-centered event which celebrates the richness and diversity found in Latino cultures.
The objectives of the Festival de la Familia are:
•To develop a family-centered event which promotes family-oriented, interactive, and educational activities.
•To create two-way information exchange about services, opportunities, and needs of the Latino community.
•To develop a Mercado atmosphere which features Latino art, food, crafts, music and entertainment.
•To continuously strengthen and improve the Event to ensure that it maintains its status as a premier event in the Sacramento area.
Friends of Festival is a brand new donor program. We are asking the community to support Festival by donating $1 for every year of this annual signature event which celebrates more than 21 countries. Your donation of $21 or more will help ensure the future of Festival de la Familia (Festival of the Family) by keeping attendance costs reasonable during these difficult economic times. When you click the donate button you will have the opportunity to enter $21 or more.
You can also print and mail the 2013 FDLF donation sign up sheet to make your donation.
Make checks out to:
Festival de la Familia
Friends of Festival
Festival de la Familia
1500 W. El Camino Ave., Suite 145
Sacramento, CA 95833